Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Girl Room Upgrade

We moved Jane out of the crib months ago,
but actually getting the room together took awhile.


Mom slept in that bed as a little "big girl".
We bought the bedspread in Mexico
before Jane was born and the ruffly curtain
is a shower curtain from Anthropologie.
The desk in the far corner was also Mom's as a girl.
I love that she has some of the same furniture I had.
Giant bulletin board came from when Mom worked
at Seventeen. Fun striped pillow case came from Coco.
Since Jane adopted turquoise as her favorite color,
this radical departure from the old
red/white/black scheme has worked out great!

We're considerably more girly now too, as evidenced
from the previous post on tutus. xo Winz

1 comment:

teg said...

As long as Jane doesn't go DOOK blue I'll still be a fan. I love that you've incorporated "antique" furniture in the mix. My brother, myself and my niece have all shared bedroom furniture originally purchased at some flea market in Memphis by my parents. Who knew refinishing could be so undetectable. The frugal parents often yield the most wonderful treasures!