Saturday, May 28, 2011

Adventura de Yucatan!





Just back from the Yucatan, two week trip. Pooped, second degree burns on the flippers, highly wicking laundry bill, usual complaints / no complaints. Photo shoot, with fishing. 13 bodies, five locations, three Suburbans, $4800 bar bill. I broke everything I came with. I learned how to really fish (AKA how to avoid putting a hook through ear cartilage), some stuff about age gap, and that one can go to Mexico and almost avoid total colon failure. This wasn't possible 5 years ago.

While I was gone we bought house and moved into it. Anticipate under separate cover. Missed all my girls terribly.

Isla Mujeres - Myrtle in the making. Marlin, way off shore. We caught Mahi on the ten weights from the bow, 25 miles off shore.



Isla Holbox, north of Cancun. Tarpon hunting. Morning, day one. In search of the 140 pounders.




Our guide, Tomas. Only advice - "just fish, Tio". Put us on Blue Runner quickly after, given, my compadre and I were able to muster ten foot casts in 25 mph headwinds. Hobo fishing, again.




Mullet prep - this was served as Pompano.




Our guides, in repose.



The nautical mystic. Right about when my luck turned for the better.




Ferry to Chiquila.



Coba. Object in picture appears smaller than in reality.


Tulum.


Boca Paila, near Acension Bay. Big time big times.





Jose Wejebe. Solid explorer.




Night fishing for tarpon and snapper (and puffer fish).





And Poseidon.

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Great pics, Great trip... Jealous!