Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Meanwhile, back on the ranch

So, while the Jane Bug kicked it in the Queen City (impressive, below), Beav and I beelined to my namesake for some much needed R&R, Texas style. That town knows how to eat.

Charles put us up, brilliantly. We saw all the sights, the Gourds, the bottom of a few taco dinners, and Lockhardt.

Camp Newman:

Charles has the BEST toys. Pool AND firepit not pictured.



This is us on the way to Lockhart, some kind of BBQ capitol. That's two kids, two dogs, three adults, Tropic Thunder and some Pete Yorn probably.

We skipped Kreutz's for Smitty's.

I am humbled by the pit technology. Can't imagine this in August. Nothing cole slaw can't fix I suppose.

The before and almost after:


The county seat:

Texas is pretty funny:


Gourds. What a scene. UT sorority girls, beach chair set, hipsters, choochs.


Anyways, we had the best time. Possible center for relo, hence, the scrutiny. Should have taken more pics, but my stomach was prohibiting my hand from attaining my pocket in most cases.

Back in the big hurt, this is what happenes when dad is tasked with dinner:


JB dancing to Jill Hives, gotta blow this Klambake to shake a leg.







No comments: