Saturday, July 25, 2009

Solo lobo for this hobo

Haven't seen my daughter in like three months. Beav blew in for much needed coddling, last weekend. Both girls arrive on Tuesday, thank the lord. It's been 105 here for three dozen days straight. Of the twelve days I've been in country, 8 of them have been out of town - Orlando (gads) and Salt Lake (better, oddly).

Car arrived, door to driver side wouldn't open. Can't make this shit up. I've eaten my way through a small ton of refried beans and sausage, ran up a $100 in cab rides around town, and am currently cat sitting in a haunted house, somewhere near the barrio. We move into new rental house in the next couple days, she needs some love. And a lawn artist. We're the only family to move here from NYC, only to have too much stuff for a three bedroom house.

I've no idea where my cables and costly electronics are, so kind of hamstrung. If you're reading this, resend me your cell numbers, I torpedo'd the inbox accidentally.

But did manage these, from Lake Austin, day 1.



Meanwhile, the gparents keep me well oiled with evidence of daughter's wherabouts:


This is what I've been missing.



My parents are coming next weekend, as is the furniture, apparently. Magnolia Electric Co. tonight, followed by Gold Cup final tomorrow at the Newman's.

2 comments:

teg said...

Gorgeous eyes and the sweetest toothy grin. You've got a beauty on your hands for sure!

Unknown said...

She's amazing!