Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A tweener

I just got back from Marfa, this time, the El Cosmico Festival of Beer and Other Fried Stuff. It was extraordinary. Took about a bushel of pictures, so for next post.

In the meantime, the other news gone unreported.

More ACL action -- in no or random order. This is headliner ARCADE FIRE somewhere around the last tune. Confession, I'm not into these guys on account of their terrible clothes and drama class pageantry. But they put on a hell of a show. Pleased we can claim them.

Broken Social Scene, figure one of their last shows. Brilliantly bad outfits.



SHINER event, Tuba at my table.


Cap'n Nirav. I didn't have the stones to wear the jersey.



Everytime the Saints Came Marching in, she plunged.



Behind me, Fleet Foxes.



JB, swamp machine.



Friday post show, OBITS. They borrowed my amp.



My buddy Alex from work opened, HEX DISPENSERS.


Jane in separates.



THATS COACH, Dripping Springs. When he thanked the help, I made the sign of the cross.



And, more evidence that TX BBQ is somewhere between egg rolls and Cincinnati Chili on the order of good things.





No comments: