Monday, December 17, 2007

The Blue Beaver


I take pretty decent pictures typically. Some less decent than others, but on average, fridge quality results.

However, my muse - the lady Beaver - is convinced that the snaps I take of her are reliably unflattering and generally, not for circulation. Whereas I encourage my subjects to ham it up, and promote the "crazy" shot, Beav is a "make me look good" kind of subject. This isn't a difficult brief, she's preposterously photogenic, but for whatever reason, I seem to catch her with her 40% of both eyes shut and fish mouth in effect. Of course I think these are winners, but the goal is to make the lady happy, and this means we burn a lot of film.

Redoubled the efforts, and finally hit paydirt. Here she is pre-NC Society ball, radiant with legit golden tresses.

I've requested a one piece pant suit made from this same fabric, hopefully Santa got the message.

If you look closely, baby bump.

And if you look really closely, on the table in the back there is the Gus Jennings Memorial plant - still with us. Grandpa would be pretty juiced by all this hub bub.

Goodnight,

A


1 comment:

Debaser said...

How do I become a "make me look good" kind of subject?