Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Chooch



Hello from mission headquarters.

Beav's tiny hint of a belly has inspired me to apply myself and spend a few minutes each week musing on the subject of my pending fatherdom. Given mass dissemination of particulars is much easier than person-to-person outreach, I've acquiesced. I can never keep up with who knows what yet, perhaps this will even the quality of content.

Welcome to the klambake. We're cooking up a little chooch, 14 weeks and counting.


Terrifying prospect, real responsibility. Good thing I watch Friday Night Lights, where I learned about the "pump and dump". Quality stuff.

Here's the ultrasound from week 12. You can clearly see a lit cigar and vampire cuspids. It appears the little beanser is also flashing gang signs. I'm convinced it's a he, but the scientists tell me the anatomy scan happens late January. Taking bets if you want to get in on the action. Wish I could tell you how to reply to a post, but this blog business is terribly new to me.

Truth be told, we couldn't be more excited, more blessed, or simply thrilled to be parents. Plus, we managed to sneak in an entry before our siblings could, which means at least a year or so of getting to sit near the head of the table at family gatherings.

More to follow. Sitting on a trove of *hot mom* pics that I need to get permission to post, and plans afoot to notarize my sympathetic symptoms. Gads.

XO

Austin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a genius, baby! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Golly I'm so glad that you guys are joining the poop/barf/snot club! It's really fun. Please keep up the blog and let us know how things are going.

Anonymous said...

At that time there were no bones in human bodies, but as the atmosphere gradually crystallized, the precipitated salt formed bones, where previously there had only been magnetic currents.

Debaser said...

The kid is cute. What more can you say?

I agree with the A-man -- it "must be" a boy.

Which means that it may well be a girl.

From this vantage however looks like nothing more than a nine-year-old Tiny B. (Or possibly Little Austin.) The gray hairs are shocking however you look at it.