Monday, March 3, 2008

1350 miles, 10 states, 0 tickets

This is our new machine, pretty rad. I flew down solo to Plant City, FLA, on Saturday to pick her up. Oddly, we used to have this same car back in Lewisville NC. She's a tank, but drives like a dream. Notice the tinted windows. Interior is somewhere between orange and orange, cloaked as burgundy.

Anyways, made it to Charleston night one. Rolled in at 9PM, pork chops at the ready. Hunter's place is gorgeous. Moments later, we were partying on a porch:


That's TK, eating a Lee Bros. roasted oyster. Whole gang in the house, real good times, Low Country style.

This was our host, Will. He's practically the mayor of the place.


HK almost looks as good as his house. I miss Mr. Kennedy terribly. I split on Sunday, and powered on to DC to see my friends Ron and Jess. Hilariously, Jess gave birth pretty much that morning. So, I arrived just in time to meet the one day old. Lily Day. She's gorgeous. And reminds mom of the Pope. She was all business:



I can't get over how big they are when they arrive. I got to hold her too.

Wow. Note how happy she is, and how oily I am. Really amazing opportunity. Pretty amazing trip.

Made it home this afternoon. I think my lady missed me. She looks great, pics coming, promise.

2 comments:

Debaser said...

Thank god that the beauty of Lily Dae offsets the tremulous sight of Kennedy's mutton chops.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the fine world of Volvos. I have sipped the Swedish Kool-Aid and there's no turning back. I love my 98 turbo wagon. If you're keen on turning a wrench, there are a ton of great sites on the Web for the shade tree Volvo mechanic. Parts are cheap and they are cake to work on. Enjoy!