Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The New York Shower


I'm a couple of weeks behind on this one, but I'm just slow at everything these days. Now that I'm a "lady of leisure" (aka, finished with work for now), I'm getting the apartment baby-ready and catching up on all those things I haven't had a chance to do before now.

Some of my New York girlfriends threw me a gorgeous shower at Rina's amazing apartment overlooking Bryant Park. Decor consisted of gender-appropriate Martha Stewart pink puffballs. Rina knows I love that shiz. Chooch is already so spoiled! We came home with some serious loot. I was in good company too, with Michelle, Carey, Henrietta and Rina all smuggling chooches too... Here we are (minus Michelle- she had ducked out already):
As you can see, my belly is getting pretty ridiculous- and that was May 15! Its just gigantic now. I'll have the Klam take one more profile shot before its gone.... Anyway, a gaggle of Austin's aunts also came to the shower, and afterward they deemed it the "Sex & the City Shower", with all the girls in their fabulous outfits and high heels, not to mention the pink Proseco and the terrace overlooking the park. Here's Donna, Lee and Colleen in action (Mary Jane somehow eluded the camera):
We also had both Grandmothers in attendance, and it was just a great night all around. Thanks so much to Rina, Sara, Stefanie, Emily and Henrietta for hosting and making delicious food. And thank you to the rest of the girls who came to celebrate with me and shower our baby girl with the most adorable gifts ever. I would add photos of the new Brooklyn nursery, where you can see many of these gifts in action, but Austin took the camera cord with him to work, so I'm out of luck for now. Soon.... In the meantime, here are a few more shots from the party (thanks SJ for the photos):




Finally, on a side note, Mama and Papa Beav were married 41 years ago today. Happy Anniversary you dorks. xo, Winz

No comments: